Congratulations on being matched to Thurgood Marshall Academy! Please review some f the more frequently asked questions about enrollment:
Q: My child was matched to Thurgood Marshall Academy for SY 2019-20. What happens now?
A: A Thurgood Marshall Academy representative will call you to schedule your enrollment meeting once you have been matched to Thurgood Marshall Academy PCHS through the My School DC Lottery or once you have been pulled from the waiting list.
We will need the following documents to successfully enroll your son/daughter to the school:
Valid District of Columbia ID with current DC home address
Proof of District of Columbia Residency: ONE of the following:
- TANF verification notice or recertification (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- Medicaid approval letter or recertification letter (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- Housing assistance letter or recertification letter (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- A paystub-issued within the past 45 days (Must include current address and show that DC taxes are being withheld)
- District of Columbia Driver’s License AND Car Registration (Both documents must be unexpired, and names and addresses on both DC license and car registration must match)
My School DC Seat Acceptance Form – Click here to download
Completed TMA Enrollment Packet (Will be supplied to families after being matched to TMA or pulled from the waiting list
A copy of the student’s IEP (if the student qualifies for special education services) or a copy of their 504 plan if the student is eligible
A copy of the student’s most recent report card or transcript (10th/11th grade applicants) from their current school
Most recent PARCC scores (if applicable)
DC Universal Health Form (Required upon attendance) – Click here for Health Form
DC Universal Oral Form (required upon attendance) – Click here for Oral Form
Q: I have a son/daughter who already attends TMA. Will their younger sibling have preferential placement?
A: Sibling preference will apply as long as the student applies before the initial MSDC application deadline.
Q: My son/daughter applied for the 2018-2019 school year and was not assigned to Thurgood Marshall Academy. Will the application carry over to the next school year?
A: No. Students not admitted to Thurgood Marshall Academy must reapply if they want to be considered for admission the following year.