Do you have questions about the enrollment process? We have answers!
Q: My child was matched to Thurgood Marshall Academy for SY 2017-2018. What happens now?
A: Congratulations on being matched to TMA! The next step in the process is completing all required registration paperwork. Our Admissions Counselor will contact you to schedule your Registration Workshop. Registration must be completed by May 1, 2017 for all students matched through the My School DC Lottery.
Q: My child was matched to Thurgood Marshall Academy for SY 2017-2018/my student was called off the waiting list for SY 2017-2018. What documents will I need to complete registration for my son/daughter?
A: You will need to supply the following documents:
- Valid DC ID with current DC home address
- Proof of D.C. Residency: ONE of the following:
- TANF verification notice or recertification (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- Medicaid approval letter or recertification letter (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- Housing assistance letter or recertification letter (Must be dated within current calendar year)
- District of Columbia Driver’s License AND Car Registration (Both documents must be unexpired and names and addresses must match)
- A paystub-issued within the past 45 days (Must include current address and show that DC taxes are being withheld)
- Completed TMA Enrollment Packet
- A copy of the student’s IEP (if the student qualifies for special education services) or a copy of their 504 plan if the student is eligible
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card or transcript (10th/11th grade applicants) from their current school
- Most recent DC CAS scores (if applicable)
Q: I have a son/daughter who already attends TMA. Will their younger sibling have preferential placement?
A: Sibling preference will apply as long as the option is selected on the student application through My School DC.
Q: My son/daughter applied for the 2016-2017 school year and was not assigned to Thurgood Marshall Academy. Will the application carry over to the next school year?
A: No. Students not admitted to Thurgood Marshall Academy must reapply if they want to be considered for admission the following year.