School Resources and Updates during COVID-19
In alignment with guidance from the Department of Health, TMA will continue distance learning. If you have questions or suggestions, please share them with Mr. Weeden at email@example.com.
We are committed to supporting student learning through various distance learning platforms during the citywide response to COVID-19. This page will be regularly updated with learning materials and other resources that support our Warriors’ academic growth and development. Check back here and follow TMA on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the most up-to-date news.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if we do not have internet access? How will my child receive lessons through the online platform?
Please let us know if you have technology needs. Our team is working to ensure students have access to electronic devices or reliable internet access. For questions and technical issues, please email Ms. Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 563-6862 x181.
Mental and Emotional Support:
- Get help with problem solving
- Discuss concerns
- Determine if additional mental health or other types of services are needed
- Request printed materials about preparing for emergencies and how to handle one’s emotions related to COVID-19.
If you are thinking of harming yourself, please call
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
Mental Health Crisis concerns/Concerns to self or others, call
- Access HelpLine: 1-888-7WE-HELP or 1-888-973-4357
Homelessness or Transition Living: Email Ms. Buchinski at email@example.com