School Resources and Updates during COVID-19
Thurgood Marshall Academy does not currenlty require a health survey prior to entering facilites or participating in activities.
The school asks that visitors practice the everyday prevention measures advised by
DC Department of Health and the US CDC, which include…
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Staying home when sick
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
Check out the latest Warrior Weekly!
Click here for a list of virtual community service opportunities!
Frequently Asked Questions
What changes has TMA made to the building in response to the pandemic?
The brief video linked here illustrates safety improvements TMA made to its state-of-the-art facility to protect occupants’ health during the pandemic.
What if we do not have internet access? How will my child receive lessons through the online platform?
Please let us know if you have technology needs. Our team is working to ensure students have access to electronic devices or reliable internet access. For questions and technical issues, please email Ms. Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 563-6862 x181.
Mental and Emotional Support:
- Get help with problem solving
- Discuss concerns
- Determine if additional mental health or other types of services are needed
- Request printed materials about preparing for emergencies and how to handle one’s emotions related to COVID-19.
If you are thinking of harming yourself, please call
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
Mental Health Crisis concerns/Concerns to self or others, call
- Access HelpLine: 1-888-7WE-HELP or 1-888-973-4357
Homelessness or Transition Living: Email Ms. Hayden at email@example.com
Resources to assist with anxiety or behavior challenges at home